New research shows that B2B telecom firms are hellbent on sounding the same
This may or may not come as a surprise to you, but we have an epidemic on our hands.
My colleagues and I recently analyzed over 30 of the top global telecom websites and Twitter feeds to understand how they are positioning their services. And we found that it’s impossible to distinguish one telecom company from another.
The full results are published in the whitepaper, Lost in a Sea of Sameness, but here are a few highlights:
- Every company is telling a similar story — including the specific promises being made to help a customer’s business.
- Every “why us” story is also the same — it’s our people! our network! our expertise! our robust solutions!
- Of the top 10 most frequently used words, 60% of them are generic business terms such as “business”, “solution” and “enterprise”.
- The remaining 40% are general technology terms like “cloud”, “network” and “security”.
- While some benefit-oriented claims are being made to “transform IT” or “accelerate business”, there is no clear connection as to how the telecom solution will help a customer achieve this, nor are there any proof points or quantified results being shared.
Read more at https://www.business2community.com/communications/swimming-sea-sameness-02019457